Sweet Potato’s are included within all of our recipes. What are the benefits of Sweet Potato and why is it added?
* It’s Superfood! Packed with a wide range of vitamins and minerals and naturally gluten free.
* Great for digestion as sweet potatoes are high in fibre which helps to promote a healthy digestive system and good stool; formation. They are also soothing on the stomach so are great for more sensitive animals.
* They have a low glycemic index which means that they release glucose more slowly into the blood stream unlike other starchy foods which release this more quickly once consumed. This means blood sugar levels remain more constant and provide a steady release of energy throughout the day to the dog
* They are one of the best sources of Vitamin A which is an antioxidant powerhouse and is thought to have anti-aging properties along with helping to maintain good eye sight and aid skin and coat condition.
* Thought to have anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties as they are rich in beta-carotene, an antioxidant, along with other vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C, Vitamin B complex, Iron, Phosphorus and Magnesium.
* As sweet potatoes contain a lot of magnesium, it’s thought that this can help with stress and promote calmness, relaxation and good mood.